Monday, January 19, 2009

More prospective series...

...well, I'm heading off to DC in a few hours for the inauguration, and won't be back until Wednesday night...

...it would the perfect time to post a new chapter of something so I could bask in the glow of new comments when I got back, but Rune Factory 2's been devouring my soul for the past two weeks or so.

As such, no can do... barring some miracle.


Anywho, a new crop of mangathings has grown in number enough to warrant me posting here... so here it is. If anyone out there feels like editing for me, that would be all kinds of awesome. Either post a comment here, or email me at horobinomichi at gmail dot com.


...and my editor for Fairial Garden seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth, so I'll be needing help with that again. ._.;;


And now, manga introductions...

Shokushu Hime

The kingdom of Sergei has a problem... the creatures of darkness known as Phantom Beasts have been appearing with increasing regularity, and attacking the populace...

...so Allemande, the Second Princess of the kingdom, has been tasked with keeping the peace. In addition to her impressive skill with the sword, she's she can also use her talking teddybear partner Maro to summon her own Phantom Beasts when things get too rough...

...well, Phantom Beast tentacles. They might be ugly, but they get the job done.

Despite the suggestive title, this manga is actually pretty clean... aside from the occasional fanservicey clothes-ripping from attacks or whatnots. Nothing too serious, and the story is more humorous than serious.

Currently have the first chapter translated. (been up there for a while, actually...)

Volume 1 raw


Sugar wa Otoshigoro

Hatanaka Keiko's an odd girl with odd aspirations(I mean, REALLY weird), but she tries her best to fit in with the other girls in her class... she still sucks at it, though.

One day, she meets Asami, a girl who's even more of an outcast than she is... but unlike Keiko, Asami's own "outsider" status doesn't seem to bother her in the slightest.

As they grow closer, what's going to happen to Keiko's standing among the other girls? And what about Asami's own issues?


I REALLY like this series, and have been wanting to do it for quite some time now... there's a very strong yuri thing going into the series as Keiko and Asami's relationship progresses, but I honestly have no idea how it'll wind up in the end... Just a warning there.

But the first two volumes managed to get a 4/5 yuri rating on Yuri na Hibi, so one can hope...

Currently have the first chapter translated.

Raw chapters:
1 2 3 4 5


Alice no Shousei

Codenamed Alice, she's an expert assassin...

...well, a trainee assassin. But she's still highly-skilled with various forms of firearms, and she gets the job done...

...this is more goofy fluff than anything, but it's FUNNY fluff. I like it, and I'm not even really all that into guns. o/

First volume raw


Hekikai no Aion

Tsugawa Tatsuya just lost his parents in an accident... but he's trying not to let that keep him too down as he starts highschool.

While trying to obey his father's final wish for him to become an upstanding man, he ends up helping a girl who was being bullied. Despite her exceedingly cold nature, he just can't leave her alone... which may not necessarily be to his benefit, as he ends up getting wrapped up in a world where things like parasitic mind-controlling bugs exist...


I read the first volume last night, and it's quite good... the art's pretty, and the story's fairly engrossing. Also, Seine is too damned cute...


First volume raw

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, if I have to be honest I was hoping for some more yuri... I guess I'll just continue to stick with Creo, Epitaph, Rosehip and YMHM (and I use thin chance to thank you for these series) :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah it sure seems quite weak on the yuri side. Guess I'll just have to survive with the series mentioned above...

Anonymous said...

well i hope u hav fun in DC. i had a DC school trip. didnt atend. had to pay $1,500 to go. (:

i cant wait for those new series to be translated.

Anonymous said...

Sugar wa Otoshigoro.
As for this serie and Yuri no hibi rating,well some serie got there 5 stars and I wouldn't call them yuri ones,that rating is some kind overrated.
So this manga is somekind of GirlxGirlxBoy similiar title with love triangle interest?
At least from raws it looks like that.

Maou Zenigame said...

There's still plenty of yuri out there that I'd like to translate... but most of it is either already taken by other groups or has yet to be scanned in by anyone.

Maybe I'll snatch something out of Tsubomi when it comes out... who knows.

That's the problem with a niche genre... >_<


As for Sugar wa Otoshigoro, I wouldn't really call it a love triangle... their classmate who likes Asami has no real chance with her, and is mostly used as a contrast to Keiko.

...well, she's becoming more like him as of late, but still.

The major obstacle in their relationship is a certain person from Asami's past who shows up and proceeds to make everything all weird... trying not to spoil it too much.

Anonymous said...

I'm not about to complain about the relative lack of yuri, as all these series like things I'd happily read. Shokushu Hime and Alice no Shousei look especially great to me.

I'll look forward to seeing your translations of them all.