Monday, March 9, 2009

...in the meantime...

Seems to be a slight drought as far as releases go... oh well, I might as well take the time to make another "Zenigame needs your help!" post.


Editors wanted:

Just two this time... and I've translated the first chapter of each of these. Just need an editortype to help out...

Seigi Kenkyuukai Serenade, by Yokoyama Naoki:

In response to signs of an impending invasion by alien conquerors, five young people have undergone modification surgery in order to gain the strength to fight them off when they arrive...

...but there's been no sign of them since the initial warning message ten years ago.

So in the meantime, the hero of justice Serena and her teammate/lackey/punching bag Souya have been using their powers to protect the weak and destroy evil wherever it looms its head...

...and when they're not doing that, Serena's trying to pick up chicks. And Souya's fiddling arond with his anime figures.

But with the sudden return of their childhood friend, things are in for a change...

...or maybe not.


Kano loves Serena, Hakase loves Serena and Kano, Serena loves all women... and Souya likes to watch. Yeah, this is action comedy manga, with heavy yuri overtones. I find it hilarious, but I'm also a huge toku fan, so...

Raw volume 1


Shiharu Genesis, by Kondoh Rururu:

Long ago, the cherubim Lucifer turned his back to God and waged war with His angels...

...but in the end, he was slain and his army scattered to the winds.

Six thousand years later, Lucifer has been reincarnated in the body of a young child... and it's only a matter of time before those memories of the past war awaken and the world is once again thrown into chaos.

Anticipating this, a single angel was sent down to prevent the resurrection before Lucifer's minions find their leader...

...thing is, Lucifer reincarnated as a sweet, ditzy little girl, who wouldn't hurt a fly.


This one's a goofy comedy with the occasion action scene. It's more cute than anything, and I like it a lot.

Raw volume 1


Raw Hunting:

In browsing various places, several series have caught my eye... but since I have no idea how to work Share, I needs help to grab scans if they exist.

I've provided links to hash info if I've been able to find it, along with Mangaupdates and Amazon pages.


Onsen Wakusei, by Takagi Nobuyuki-

This is Takagi Nobuyuki's new monthly serialization, now that Magie Paire is over.

The description on Manga Time Kirara Forward's site says that it's about a group of sisters who manage an onsen... but I can't find any pictures or anything else concerning it.

Anywho, I happen to be a fan of his, and I'll be sure to translate it if someone gets me the raws.

hash info


Recht, by Teramoto Kaoru-

No idea what it's about but it's pretty and yuri, so...

amazon mangaupdates


Kururi no Hitotose, by Higuchi Akihiko-

Another one that I've seen listed on yuri sites that looks interesting...

amazon mangaupdates


Haitatsu Akazukin, by Kuze Banko and Ohsaki Kozue-

Yet another title that I've seen on yuri sites... I've heard that it was really good.

amazon mangaupdates


Butterfly Kiss, by Shinonome Tarou-

It's a new release, and all the yuri blogs are eating it up... art's quite nice as well.

amazon mangaupdates


Snow White~ kimi ni mau yuki, by Umekawa Kazumi-

Umekawa's better known for Gau Gau Wata, but apparently, she does yuri as well.

Not that I'm complaining.

Anyways, it's cute as hell.

hash info (last chapter) mangaupdates


Mahou Shoujo Isuzu-san Full Throttle, by Arata Toshihira-

I have no idea what it's about, but it's adorable as hell, and I'd want to translate it even if it wasn't posted all over the blogs I check.

Those of you who are Touhou fans might recognize Arata's work on the Inaba manga.

amazon mangaupdates


Iinari!! Kyuuketsuki, by Kusakabe Rei-

Kusakabe Rei also does a series called Nephylym, which I rather like (two volumes published in English)... and this one is said to have the ever-sought after yuri, which is just an added bonus.

Also, Zenigame likes vampire girls and gosurori.

A lot.

Way too much.

But that's another matter altogether...

amazon mangaupdates

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll see what I can do. I religiously check your site everyday for updates and would be willing to help in any way I could.

Anonymous said...

Soo... you have any type of test for the editors you want?

Anonymous said...

Speaking of new series, what happened to L-size Little Sister?
Did you change your mind about translating it? :(

Anonymous said...

Goth loli, dude.

It's goth loli.

Spiritovod said...

about "Snow White" - according to random info it's from Young Animal Island magazine, but i don't remember this one...
check yourself here - http://www.jcafe24.com/index.php?topic=7637.0

Spiritovod said...

and first chapter of Onsen Wakusei here - http://www.mediafire.com/?dmeoiwzjmzd

Unknown said...

I'm not sure what a editor is supposed to do... please explain...
because like Anonymous #1 I check your site daily, so I'd like to be of some help... Maybe I could be a cleaner? You know the one that prepares the scan for the editor... doing things like removing all the previous text and touching up where needed...

Maou Zenigame said...

@Anonymous 2:
Hm, I never actually thought to do something like that... that would probably be a good idea. >_>;;

@Anonymous 3:
I put translating that one on hold until I get done with PURE Marionation. Since I only have three chapters of that one left, it shouldn't be much longer.

@Anonymous 4:
Yeah, I know. That's what happens when I attempt to throw together a post at 4AM.

@Spiritovod:
Thanks for the raw links. o/

I haven't checked out the Young Animal Island ones yet, but Onsen Wakusei looks great. :>

@SilverTigris:
I meant a typesetter, though cleaners are always appreciated... I probably should have been more specific.

Anonymous said...

<-- anon2

hm... typeset, I can do that :D.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind helping with Seigi Kenkyuukai Serenade, or anything else for that matter.
I'm ready to help anytime, just give me a way to contact you and and a way to transfer the script and I'll get right on it.

Maou Zenigame said...

Yeah, I should have remembered to put down my email...

...it's horobinomichi at gmail dot com.