Saturday, October 17, 2009

HOLY CRAP, IT'S BEEN A YEAR ALREADY!? ...oh, and Nijipuri 1.


And so, a year has passed since I first started up this blog and made public calls for help to do the things that I don't feel like doing myself.

This humble group started out as a "whatever Zenigame feels like doing" group, "shounen/seinen fighting manga, cute moe things and mecha" in particular.

I got shoehorned into the yuri angle somewhere along the line and that kind of stuck, and now it's turned into a "whatever Zenigame likes, but mostly yuri" group. (I wonder if this is how the folks at Dynasty feel...)



And now, on to other things... I finally have the first chapter of Nijipuri for you all. (the delay was entirely my fault.)

This one is most definitely yuri, for those who were wondering.

Many thanks for Antti for the editing.

Mediafire Megaupload



And the latest stupid poll thing is over... this one was a homunculus poll, based on more than one manga for once.

First place with 49 votes is Marie Orleans, also known as F11. Figured that she'd win...
Second with 36 votes is the almighty GREED, who is still the best homunculus ever because he so totally is.
Third place with 15 votes is the loli-type Jack the Ripper, F08.
Fouth with 8 votes is the mainchara of the original Embalming oneshot, the ever-stylish John Doe.
Fifth with 6 votes is Mondlicht's resident poisoner, F05.
Sixth, with a mere two votes, is poor little Elm-chan.
And non-placed is Embalming's mainchara, Fury Flatliner. He did have a vote at one point, but whoever did so changed their mind. ^_^;;


In more different news, I've been fiddling with various pages to make things look better, including (slowly) updating the Releases page. I've updated the "help wanted" page as well, so check that out if you're in have some time to spare.



But yeah, it's been fun. 455,000+ hits, 150+ manga chapters translated, and I even managed to pull off an entire month with a new release every day back in March.

Not too shabby for a single lazy bum of a Zenigame with no official regular staff. ^_^;;

Here's to another year, and many, many thanks to all the people who have helped out during this group's short life.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

>and now it's turned into a "whatever Zenigame likes, but mostly yuri" group

Sorry to contradict you, but I think this was true until some months ago. Now 70-80% of the series are NOT yuri.
LSLS doesn't get a release since many many months and Creo is quarterly.
Transistor has just some subtext/tease, Sugar is just tease that goes nowhere, Seigi has just fanservice/tease; all the rest of the series is not yuri at all.

Now I'm glad you started Nijipuri, and I thank you very much for it, but I miss the time when most of the releases were yuri ones (Creo, PURE marionation, Epitaph, Rosehip Diary, Yume Mitaina...).

Anonymous said...

Just do what you wish to do, as long as you enjoy it it's fine even if it's not yuri. Anyway thanks for all you have done and I wish you good luck in the future too!

Unknown said...

(I wonder if this is how the folks at Dynasty feel...)

Pretty much.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for releasing some yuri for a change. Can't wait for future chapters ^_^

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBrcMfiN_TQ

J-Demel said...

I salute you!
One year and you have given us so many amazing manga!! I specially want to thank you for introducing me to my favourite one (Creo).
Thank you for all your hard work, quick releases and bearing with us!

Anonymous said...

Love this manga... its good to see a school life/romance genre again, the fact that its Yuri only adds to it imo, but even if it wasn't I'd love you just because it was from this particular author.

Gummy said...

Thanks for releasing the first chapter of Nijipuri. Yea, it's been a while since we read a yuri manga which isn't based on subtext alone.

Anonymous said...

Time flies eh

ninavan said...

Congratulations on your.. 1st year HnM anniversary xD! And this manga release was really great. I'm deffo gonna keep reading it =D

ShiroAka said...

Yup it was a fun ride at beginning, after all Creo is a first work I ever edited so it's special^^
Still I wonder how you pulled all these scripts on daily basis at some point.

Also here's raws for Gakkou no Sensei,chapters 1-8.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mznjdgwtyym
I can edit it if you don't anyone else for the job,just send me a mail with a script.

And thanks for Nijipuri ch1.
Another manga added for ongoing yuri read list for me.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 1 year, and I hope that I'll be congratulating you again for many years to come. I'd love to see some more yuri titles in the future, and it'd be cool if you could get some more staff to help you out.

Anonymous said...

I love this website. I have it on my favorites and its tagged and I visit it everyday to see if there are any yuri updates :D

I am so glad I discovered this place.

Thank you for all your hard work.

It's very appreciated.

Kanapox said...

One year already? Time sure Flies. Well, I have less than a year working with you, but even so it has been a pleasure, your scripts are very much detailed and complete!

Congratulations and thanks for the effort, let's hope we can finish Sugar wa Otoshigoro before the second anniversary :)

Anonymous said...

Wow that last page surprised me...

Illaden said...

What happened to Koi-Koi Seitokai
U only realesed 1 chapter. Plz continue with this manga.